Hey there

At the moment I'm working on a little project that will make my life a little bit easier.
Nevertheless i need my application to read the memory from a proccess and then translate it into a label. Right now i got a Memory address that goes 1 and 0
so when it goes 0, the label should say "Not Active" and when it goes 1 it should change to "Active". Hope you get what i mean :<
My friend tried to help me, but he is used to c++ so we had some difficulties :P.
I'd appreciate if anybody could help me, preferable over msn (jazerix@live.com), im really a newbie in this area.

Kind Regards -Niels Faurskov

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would love to help, but the task is not clear to me.

The first step in software development is gathering of requirements.

I don't actually understand what are the requirements or they are not clear to me

As you wish :)
Well I'm trying to develop a program that will go into a specefic proccess on the computer "Wow.exe" to be specefic. When the application is attached to Wow.exe it should look for a specefic memory address within Wow.exe "00ACD942", if the value of that address is 1 the label within my application should change to "is active" and if the value is 0, it should change to is not active. Maybe i could add you to msn ? :)

Edit: attached a pic

Hmm looks like an interesting project. I will add you on msn

commented: Thanks for the help +1

alright so i got this code now

public void readmemo()
        {
            unsafe
            {
                int start_val, end_val, addr_loop;
                int val;
                start_val = int.Parse("00ACD9A2", System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber);

end_val = int.Parse("00ACD9A2", System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber);
                for (addr_loop = start_val; addr_loop <= end_val; addr_loop++)
                {
                    IntPtr ptr = new IntPtr(addr_loop);

val = System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReadByte(ptr);
                    textBox1.Text = val.ToString();
                }
            }
        }

how can i make it read it from the process "Wow.exe"?

bump :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.