i need help, i am making a web browser in vb 10 and i have a built in media player and i want to make a play list. i got it to work with a listbox but not anything else.
For the menustrip

Private Sub PlaylistToolStripMenuItem_DropDownItemClicked(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs) Handles list.DropDownItemClicked
        wmv.URL = list.Selected.ToString
    End Sub

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Private Sub ToolStripDropDownButton1_DropDownItemClicked(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs) Handles ToolStripDropDownButton1.DropDownItemClicked
        Dim myCoolFile As String = ToolStripDropDownButton1.DropDownItems.Item(0).Text
        MsgBox(myCoolFile)
    End Sub

The previously posted code only gets a preselected indexed item.

The following code will get every item's text that has been clicked.

Private Sub ToolStripDropDownButton1_DropDownItemClicked(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItemClickedEventArgs) Handles ToolStripDropDownButton1.DropDownItemClicked
        '/////////////////////
        MsgBox(e.ClickedItem.Text)
        '////////////////////
    End Sub

thanks big time. i am not new to visual basic but i just did not know how to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.