Can anyone pl. mail turbo c++ setup as attachment to << moderator edit: email snipped >>

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Can anyone pl. mail turbo c++ setup as attachment to

I would recommend free software that exists and you can use for free, but you don't deserve it.

search google -- that compiler is free for the downloading.

Bloody marvelous that they also PM me to ask the same question.
Not a good start, miladdo.

I turned off pm because someone started spamming me.

Can anyone pl. mail turbo c++ setup as attachment to << moderator edit: email snipped >>

Forum Rules

Keep it on the site
Please do not post asking for an answer to be sent to you via email. Problems and their responses assist others who read them. Please refrain from responding to people's questions via email for the same reason. Moderators may snip email addresses out of such posts without notice. That being said, please do not email or PM forum staff with your support questions. Also please do not ask support questions in the DaniWeb IRC chat. The chat is meant to offer a more laid back community atmosphere where members can get to know each other, and not as a venue to constantly ask/answer people's computer frustrations.

TC3 is NOT free, only TC1 is and I'd not advise that to anyone learning C++.
It's a pre-ANSI compiler which does not confirm to current language standards.
For the oldtimers and collectors it's a blast from the past, a reminder of the good old days.
http://bdn.borland.com/museum

The 5.5 compiler IS free and can be downloaded from here: http://www.borland.com/downloads/download_cbuilder.html
It's one of the best C++ compilers out there, has the highest ANSI compliance of them all (at least for the Win/Tel platform) and excellent performance.

Free registration required for all downloads. Borland is serious about not mailing you if you don't want them to.

>It's one of the best C++ compilers out there, has the highest ANSI
>compliance of them all (at least for the Win/Tel platform) and excellent performance.
Um, no? Borland 5.5 is nice for an older compiler, but it's far from the most conforming, which is Comeau, and it fails to make the top 5 in compliance.

>I turned off pm because someone started spamming me.
Nobody has ever spammed my private messages. Either I'm liked too much, liked to little, or the flaming I give people when they send me an inappropriate PM is sufficient to quell the desire. ;)

Comeau may be a conforming c++ compiler but it contains no C support, no standard libraries either C or C++ and no STL. You have to get all that from someplace else. And as far as I can tell it is only command-line driven c++ compiler with no IDE -- no big deal for *nix programmers because they work in the ancient past anyway.

For MS-DOS, the best FREE conforming compiler is Dev-C++ from bloodshed.net. There are better compilers, but they are not free.

>Comeau may be a conforming c++ compiler but it contains no C support
Who said anything about C? As far as I can tell, you're the first person to mention anything but C++ in this thread.

>You have to get all that from someplace else
It's a good thing Comeau links you to Dinkumware's excellent standard C and C++ libraries then... :rolleyes:

>And as far as I can tell it is only command-line driven c++ compiler with no IDE
Anyone with half a brain can get Textpad on Windows and link a command line compiler with it. I think kids these days are too reliant on IDE's to solve all of their problems anyway.

>For MS-DOS, the best FREE conforming compiler is Dev-C++ from bloodshed.net.
MS-DOS? Have you gone senile? Dev-C++ is primarily a semi-decent IDE wrapped around GCC and ported for Windows. I have serious doubts that GCC could even run on DOS, much less with anything remotely resembling Dev-C++'s IDE. But yes, GCC is a more than acceptable compiler(s). MS-DOS...ironic that you were talking about *nix programmers working in the ancient past two sentences ago... :rolleyes:

you are quite right -- I should have said MS-Windows, not MS-DOS (which is almost, but not quite, a dead os). That was just a slip-of-the-fingers :)

Never heard of Textpad program. I'll google around for it. I do all my programming with Microsoft tools (VC++ 6.0 and eVC++ 3.0/4.0 compilers). I love vi when doing *nix programming, which isn't all that often.

gcc will never work under DOS, it's 32 bit only ;)

gcc will never work under DOS, it's 32 bit only ;)

Yup -- Narue already gave me a bloody nose for that one :mrgreen:

Hi,

I use Emacs and gcc on my linux boxen when coding. Although, I have managed to forget how to write a makefile. I'll have to re-visit my notes on that one.

Christian

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.