Alright, I think my previous post about this subject was very confusing so I will try again. First off I appreciate all the responses to my prior post (Setting a Variable to the Exit Code).
It is my understanding that when a script completes it returns an exit code. I want to capture this exit code in order to pass it to a CF page. So my questions are:
1) Is there an exit code returned when a script completes?
2) Is the value of the exit code stored somewhere? If so where?
3) Can I assign the value of the exit code to a variable?
i.e. errorlevel = exit code
4) Can I include the variable in my URL?
i.e. ('http://cob/gis/GISAutoProcess_Action.cfm?ProcessID=000&ErrorCode=%s' % (errorlevel))
5) Can this be added to the end of the process or does it need to be run separately?
6) If I need to run it separately is there a way to set a ‘global’ variable that can be called in the other process?
Thank you everybody for your patience and understanding as I stumble my way through my first Python experience.