my apologies for putting up this thread here, but couldn't find an apt section.

I am beginner in java and would like to use netbeans as ide. I hava a few doubts regarding the ide.
---is it possible to write a single file of code, i mean, normally a whole project folder with main code in one file, some list in other and so on are created. Does netbeans provide an option to build a single file project ( something similar to write a code in a .java file, the compiling it with javac and then running the java class file).
I want anything and everything to be contained in a single file (something that i could upload on spoj as solutions to a problem and only a single file upload is allowed)

---is it possible to have the code completion window on a sidepane, instead of a popup window which covers almost all of the editor window

---is it possible to write a single file of code, i mean, normally a whole project folder with main code in one file, some list in other and so on are created. Does netbeans provide an option to build a single file project ( something similar to write a code in a .java file, the compiling it with javac and then running the java class file).
I want anything and everything to be contained in a single file (something that i could upload on spoj as solutions to a problem and only a single file upload is allowed)

You can get your source code written in NetBeans in the yournetbeansfolder/projectname/src directory, and if you have build the program, you can get it in yournetbeansfolder/projectname/dist directory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.