Hey guys its me again!

I'm stuck on a logic thing of where to put some code. Basically I want to take an input from the keyboard and store that into an array using a class whilst combining it with the other stuff that the class does.

void hangman::getletter(char letter)
{ 
	int i;
   for ( i= 0 ;i < 4 ; i++)
   {

if( letter ==name[i] )
      {
       encryption[i] = name[i];
       break;	  
      }     
   }

if (i == 4)
      {
         cout << "not found" <<endl;
         looselife();

}

}

I though of adding it onto the end of here but not sure what the code would be. I've made a buffer to store it in and set it using the constructor, but how would i go about moving the 'i' (counter) everytime this function is called to aviod over writing of the array?

John........

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Why dont u return the value of i to ur parent function and then whenever u have to perform the operation pass i as a parameter to it??

As shre86 said, if you want to keep the scope of the counter, it might behoove you to pass (and possibly return) i as a parameter.

But really, what do you want this function to do? If the user enters a correct letter, what happens in your overall program? What happens if the user guesses incorrectly? There may be a better way to solve your problem, but we'll need more information before a really useful answer can be given.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.