So I started with C++ recently, and it's still very new and difficult for me but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Now I want to start making my first real-world app. I downloaded an SDK for a mobile application API and I want to make an external application that will be implemented into the API later on. There is no problem with the API (it's very well coded), but the problem is that the SDK is built in C#. According to the mobile app staff it is possible to implement a C++ app into their API, but they do not offer any support for that. The SDK only has 2 dll's and the rest is C#. Is it possible to use C++ for this, or should I rather spend time to learn C# instead? If it is possible can you perhaps point me into the right direction (a link to any worthwhile resource or book on this topic will suffice)

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

New to C++ and you start with complex stuffs like that?
Are you kidding? Then you have to run before crawling or you are not new!
Anyway, to use that you must have a knowledge of C# and C++ at least to get it work.
Why don't you start with simple projects other than complex like that?
Try ZPlay library and do some good music player :)

I'll do that, but I only want to know if it is possible to use C# and C++ together (eventually), or should I just start learning C# instead? I know it takes a long time to be great in C++ or any C-based language, but I want to work towards something, so I just want to know if it'll be possible.

And is it easier to learn C# and then make the jump towards C++, or should I just go ahead and continue learning C++?

Thanks

Yes they can play together! IMHO just choose any of them and go. I would say, C# came after C++ and borrows a lot from Java and C/C++. So learn any of them first (I would suggest C++) and then make them play together.

But I'm curious why would you want to learn both. adding to toolbox? funny?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.