I want to know how to make a plugin framework in c++. I have searched for some topics and have found a few to get me started but I still don't understand the concept.

I'm making an IDE and would like to add the functionality of plugins...I know you have to make a interface for the plugins to use but how would i execute the DLL when they click the menu item and keep the DLL running for the plugins that run longer?

Someone told me to download the eclipse IDE source and look at how they did it but i dont want to sift threw all the code.

I'm using wxwidgets for the GUI and boost for the internals..

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

bump

best example I have ever found as C++ general solution is here and another not so good example for beginner IMHO is located here

commented: Great links +1

I know of the second link but the first one is way better!!!

Thanks.

I know of the second link but the first one is way better!!!

Thanks.

Glad I helped :)

Ok I got the framework to work but how do I access lets say a wxwidgets text control or something without passing parameters?

If you are going to use wxWidgets, forget about that and see the link here

Mind if you post the source to the plugin part of the program you were making?

the basic source is provided in the link. If you find something you don't understand, post here or there at wxForum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.