Hey Guys!
I am vedel and this is my first Thread in this Community. My question is, how i can boot a c++ code?

example code:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    cout << "Hello World!" << endl;
    return 0;
}

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What do you mean "boot a c++ program" ? Compile it? You need a good c++ compiler such as Code::Blocks or VC++ 2010 Express.

Get Bloodshed... Still the best for pure C++ apps. If you intend to make apps for win32, get Visual C++ 2010 Express (it's free! :D)

>>Get Bloodshed

That compiler hasn't been updated for quite a few years now and uses an old version of MinGW. Code::Blocks is current and still being supported by its writers. Bloodshet isn't.

i want to make a OS but i didn know how i can boot a c++ code!

yeah i know this tutorial and i try it out but it did not work

I wrote something like this but didn't use C++, I used asm(16 bit) plus had to write my own linker script to get it to work...

Projects like this are very interesting and the end result is generally a very simple exe that will boot the computer...I would try ams if your really interested in pursuing this.

Here's another link..

http://linuxgazette.net/77/krishnakumar.html

i want to make a OS but i didn know how i can boot a c++ code!

seems like you want to get Bill and Shuttleworthy off the deal.
Do you mean it or just for little funny?

I wrote something like this but didn't use C++, I used asm(16 bit) plus had to write my own linker script to get it to work...

Projects like this are very interesting and the end result is generally a very simple exe that will boot the computer...I would try ams if your really interested in pursuing this.

Here's another link..

http://linuxgazette.net/77/krishnakumar.html

cool tutorial but i cant download the programm to convert the files

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.