Aside from what AD proposed, there are all the modifiers in the std::vector class:
- assign() : overwrite the content of the vector from either a constant or another iterator pair (begin,end).
- push_back() : add an element at the end.
- pop_back() : subtract the last element.
- insert() : add an element or many elements just before a particular position.
- erase() : erase an element or many elements.
- swap() : swap the content of one vector with another.
- clear() : erase all the elements.
There are also a plethora of possibilities under the <algorithm> header. Many of these can be even more useful in combination with the back_inserter for example.