thanks a lot
I need another code where once I enter a text into a text box i need the data to be transferred to MS access without erasing any data(a new record is to be created)

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Depends on whether you are using ADO or a data control.... Please be more specific with your question.:)

I'm fine with both but I prefer using a data control because I can handle it much easier than a ADODC

Then use -

Data1.AddNew
'All your text boxes's data source should be set to Data1

Data1.Update

Thanks a lot AndreRet.Ur code worked
I just wanted to know if
1.This could work with 1 command button(I had to enter .add new & .Update in different command buttons to make it work)
2.Different events produce different results(For eg.Click event causes data to be updated and Mouse over causes data to B erased(Cancel Update))

Thanks a lot AndreRet.Ur code worked
I just wanted to know if
1.This could work with 1 command button(I had to enter .add new & .Update in different command buttons to make it work)
2.Different events produce different results(For eg.Click event causes data to be updated and Mouse over causes data to B erased(Cancel Update))

It's a pleasure.:)

I'd rather have different code under different command buttons. That way you know that you will not code yourself into errors.:)

Is it possible to add an item to a list of a combo box during run time
I went through all the properties of the combo box but the error says "Argument not optional"
I require a code for this(I enter the data in a text box and I want it to be transferred to the combo )
I use vb6

Yes it is possible. You do however need to open a new post with the question. I'll answer with a sample from there. Happy new year.:)

Sorry, I did not get u

This post has been closed/solved. You are asking a new question on this old and solved post. You will have to open a new question from which we will reply and try and solve your problem.:)

how do i do that?
and thanx a lot to all who have helped me(specially AndreRet)
my project submission in on 20th

Just go into VB4/5/6 forum, at the top is an option "Start a new thread". Click on that and away you go.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.