Hello
I am developing my first game in Allegro. Till now i found it easy to use. But now i read that for running a game allegro.dll is required on computer.
Tell me if it is correct.
Also many people say that SFML is better than Allegro, since the latter is old.
Which one should i use, considering that i am comfortable with Allegro, but want it to be playable on other computers.

Thanks
Vinayak

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>> But now i read that for running a game allegro.dll is required on computer. Tell me if it is correct.

Yes.

>>Also many people say that SFML is better than Allegro, since the latter is old.

It's not "better", but it has its advantages. As far as I can tell SFML has a really active community, so getting support (or bugfixes) is relatively easy. Allegro is not yet outdated, but hasn't been updated for almost a year now, so I guess it's reaching end-of-life.

Thanks, i guess its all right to include allegro.dll with the game.
And i would stick with Allegro (at least for one game), since it is easy to use, and i have still not found decent download able tutorial and reference for SFML.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.