Hi there,

I was wandering if anyone can give me a brief explanation on how to connect my C application to the Internet. What i would like to do in the end is to access a web page trough the application and have means to read the html code behind it. Please bear in mind i have no idea how to do this or even if its practical. Im on Ubuntu by the way.

If any of you know of a good website to study this subject, i would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Ok, going to check it out. Thanks.

Off topic: i think its yours, http://eternallyconfuzzled.com/. Used this site to study hash functions and hash tables. Very well written, can't thank you enough.

Ok, going to check it out. Thanks.

Off topic: i think its yours, http://eternallyconfuzzled.com/. Used this site to study hash functions and hash tables. Very well written, can't thank you enough.

Oh Is it? I use that to study datastructures.. Whoever is the Author, I am greatly thankful to him/her....

I use that to study datastructures..

If you'd like to see anything in particular added, just send me a PM or email. I've had trouble updating the site due to time constrains these last couple of years though, so I can't make any guarantees. It takes quite a while to write a proper tutorial.

Whoever is the Author, I am greatly thankful to him/her....

:)

Finished reading that guide by beej last night, his little jokes along the text made it so easy to read trough the whole thing... altough at some times i did feel like i was a kid being explained that 2+2=4. Still good a guide i was able to get what i needed working.

If you'd like to see anything in particular added, just send me a PM or email. I've had trouble updating the site due to time constrains these last couple of years though, so I can't make any guarantees. It takes quite a while to write a proper tutorial.

:)

Ofcourse, But I would like to finish reading through whatever you have written untill now before requesting you for more, because whatever I look to study is there in that site... :)
One request is you can put all the tutorials you have written in that site so everything is available under one roof. I have read a small tutorial you have written about Assembly language programming, which is not there. I dont know how many of such tutorials are yet to reach the site..Keep on writing..We appreciate that :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.