LA-Vida 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone had an example on a piece of code on how to read out the amount of system memory is used during given time.

I'm making a piece of software that using an API that connects to a CAD program. The models used in the CAD program are going sky high on the memory usage, even the /3GB switch in the boot.ini and microsoft patch applied on the CAD executable are not sufficient enough any more. Thing is that when the CAD is shutt down and started again, retrieving the models in the state as when they were saved before the shutt down of CAD, the memory usage is devided by half. So in the routine i want to make, i want to check when the memory usage gets above...lets say.. 2.7Gb.. save the state of models, shutt down CAD, restart CAD and retrieve last state of the models and continiu with the program. I could consider going to a 64bit intel workstation with for example 8Gb RAM, but ummm they still kinda expensive.

Any ideas ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.