I have a situation like this...
I have four different tables namely btech_ece, btech_cse, btech_it, btech_eee all these tables have the same columns. Its just that the name differs and everything else is same. Their columns are:-
Id
Year
Semister
Section
Period
SubjectCode
Date
Status
now i have four different tables under each division ece, cse, it and eee. btech_cse_1, bteh_cse_2, btech_cse_3, btech_cse_4, btech_ece_1, btech_ece_2 and so on..
the columns of these tables are like this:
Roll_Number
Id
Present
the id column above is a foreign key from the tables btech_cse. My idea was that if i can use a nesting of hibernate's inheritance hierarchy. I could have a class named btech and all the classes btech_cse, btech_ece, btech_eee, btech_it can be its union-subclasses and i can have another class that says btech_cse_num which is a joined subclass of the above union subclass and each class of the form btech_cse_1 could be again a union-subclass of the btech_cse_num class. Is such nesting allowed in hibernate.?
How do i best exploit the hibernate's inheritance feature to suit my situation.?

hibernate inheritance hierarchy ?????

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.