hi everybody :) ,

Python is relatively new to me and i have installed python 2.4 and am not able to use IDLE(to run the modules) that comes along with python.
can anyone help me out with this.

Regards,
vanitha

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by xav.vijay

You need to give somewhat more info, like operating system? What have you actually tried? Are your looking for IDLE file that starts the editor?

You need to give somewhat more info, like operating system? What have you actually tried? Are your looking for IDLE file that starts the editor?

OS:win xp and have installed python version 2.4,my Problem's,i am not able to run my programs from SHELL.I am very much new to python,so could you please tell,how do i run the programs,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
vanitha

Hi

Well, if u r having windows then its quite simple. once u have opened the IDLE prompt, click on

File --> New Window.

U will get a new window named 'Untitled' ... This is where u write ur codes... And dont forget to save the file with .py extension...
Once u have finished with the coding, hit the F5 key to execute ur code ... simple...

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.