when I try and run boa-constuctorI am getting this error. Any suggestions to solve this.

C:/Python24/pythonw.exe -u  "C:/Python24/Lib/site-packages/wxPython/tools/boa/Boa.py"
Starting Boa Constructor v0.2.3
importing wxPython
reading user preferences
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Python24/Lib/site-packages/wxPython/tools/boa/Boa.py", line 214, in ?
    import Preferences, About, Utils
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wxPython\tools\boa\Preferences.py", line 151, in ?
    screenWidth =  wx.wxSystemSettings_GetSystemMetric(wx.wxSYS_SCREEN_X)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-ansi\wx\_misc.py", line 195, in SystemSettings_GetMetric
    return _misc_.SystemSettings_GetMetric(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyNoAppError: The wx.App object must be created first!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This looks like a very old version. It might be worthwhile to download the latest version boa.0.4.4 and install it. That version has been updated for xwPython26 and wx namespace compliance. Also uses Python24 goodies.

cool I will try that and let you know how it works. The boa-constuctor sight was not clear on what was the "stable version".

They are pretty well all alpha versions anyway! Don't worry about the word stable, it's close! You need to read the help in detail to get a hang of this fancy program. It's a little like the Delphi RAD.

thanks, the newest version is working. I plan on first practicing with some simple coding by hand. That wxPython demo you guys were talking about sounds nice.

You can use the Boa IDE for console and GUI programs. The GUI form-builder to me acts a little quirky and is not too intuitive (does not flow as natural as Delphi). However, it is a fantastic tool for learning wxPython details and setting up fancy windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.