Hi all,

I have been reading up on creating a C# application that can take plugin and understand the principals of that. However all the examples read have it so that when the DLL is called it creates its own form with controls on it.

What I would like to do is have just one Main form (part of the main application) and all the called DLLs to add their controls and events to this main form (this way it will all look a little more integrated).

Is this possible? I guess when you activate a dll (my application will only allow one dll to be active at a time) you will have to pass it a handle to the Main Form, correct? And how do I make sure that these controls events are called when appropriate?

Has anyone done anything like this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi, and thanks for your update.
I have been browsing through some of these examples, but still not figured out how to add form items to the main application from the plugin. I'm not that experienced, so please forgive my stupid questions..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.