Ok here we go:
I have to send data over TCP to a listening port, the other end has a server running expecting a login. I need to send 3 bytes 6b "k" , 16 , and 31. the equilvaltes to ku. When I send the data it is sending 5 bytes being 6b 31 36 32 32. I need it to be sent as 6b , 1F , 22. I have converted the data to be sent as byte but the other end still receives it as two bytes instead of one. I am sure its the way that I am sending it but cant figure out whats going on. I need the byte value to be 16 not two bytes of 31 and 36. I am using winsock to connect to the ports and send the data. Ideas ANYONE. :o

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok here we go:
I have to send data over TCP to a listening port, the other end has a server running expecting a login. I need to send 3 bytes 6b "k" , 16 , and 31. the equilvaltes to ku. When I send the data it is sending 5 bytes being 6b 31 36 32 32. I need it to be sent as 6b , 1F , 22. I have converted the data to be sent as byte but the other end still receives it as two bytes instead of one. I am sure its the way that I am sending it but cant figure out whats going on. I need the byte value to be 16 not two bytes of 31 and 36. I am using winsock to connect to the ports and send the data. Ideas ANYONE. :o

Please post the routine that sends and the routine that receives....

Thanks Alevin , but I was able to fix the problem by just sending the data needed with a chr$ . Now I am working on how to display control characters which do cursor positiong etc on a DOS scrren in a text box or RichText box.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.