Hello,

I am making a simple program that has you select Bible chapters and verses. I have all the chapters and verses in separate text files. I moved them into my source package. I am having trouble finding the code to put in the program so that java will open the files when needed.

-Thanks

Recommended Answers

Are you looking at code to open the txt file and display the same or reading the file and processing

Jump to Post

the below code will open the file extension with the default application in windows (txt > Notepad)

File dest = new File(filename);
Desktop.Action act;
act = Desktop.Action.OPEN;
Desktop desktop = Desktop.getDesktop();
desktop.open(dest);
Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

Are you looking at code to open the txt file and display the same or reading the file and processing

I am looking to have the program open the file in notepad

the below code will open the file extension with the default application in windows (txt > Notepad)

File dest = new File(filename);
Desktop.Action act;
desktop.open(dest);

The code works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

This program works fine.But when i pass the filename from one jsp page(in that file already created) to next page where the code is for openning the text file on desktop, it shouldn't working.
<% String vtu=request.getParameter("f"); %>
Where f is the object of the type File

Reading a file from local and reading a file on a webpage are 2 different approaches. Also, you should create a new thread instead of revive an old thread...

addin a text is very simple. just follow this code
<<<<<<<File dest = new File(filename);
Desktop.Action act;
desktop.open(dest);>>>>>>>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.