hi i have a table name table1 i want to display all the records in the table by using data grid and when i try to run it there is no records display in the datagrid and i have already configure the datalink which i name it adodc. could anyone let me know where i get wrong? here is my code. i name my data grid as dbgrid

Dim rec_rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Dim sql As String
Dim con As ADODB.Connection

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set con = New ADODB.Connection

con.Open "provider = microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;persist security info = false; data source = " & App.Path & "\database1.mdb;"
    con.CursorLocation = adUseClient

Set dbgrid.DataSource = Nothing

sql = "select * from table1"

rec_rs.Open sql, con, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText

If rec_rs.EOF = False Then
        Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs  
    End If
    rec_rs.Close

End Sub

i dont know how to use data grid hope i could you all can help me with this one..thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Adrian779
Featured Replies
  • [CODE] Dim sql As String Dim con As ADODB.Connection dim rec_rs as ADODB.recordset Private Sub Form_Load() Set con = New ADODB.Connection set rec_rs = new ADODb.recordset con.Open "provider = microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;persist security info = false; data source = " & App.Path & "\database1.mdb;" con.CursorLocation = adUseClient Set dbgrid.DataSource = Nothing sql … Read More

• please mark this thread as solved and start another one with your query Read More

Your call to set the datasource of the grid is in the incorrect place. You are calling it whilst you expect there to be no records.

End If
    rec_rs.Close

'Change this to...

Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs ' irrespective of data or not
'If rec_rs is an adodc control, use 
Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs.Recordsource
    rec_rs.Close

Edited by AndreRet: n/a

do i have to erase the if statement?or just as is..i will try that one..i will keep in touch whatever the result. thanks andreret

i still didnt get any records, i already follow it. i want to get all the records inside my table directly to my datagrid but it does not show any records at all. what did i miss?

End If
    rec_rs.Close

'Change this to...

Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs ' irrespective of data or not
'If rec_rs is an adodc control, use 
Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs.Recordsource
    rec_rs.Close

i still didnt get any records even i get the if clause and only remain the set dbgrid.DataSource

Edited by pyTony: fixed formating

i am using ado. i dont know how to use data control

Edited by androidz: n/a

Try replacing

con.Open "provider = microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;persist security info = false; data source = " & App.Path & "\database1.mdb;"

to

con.Open "provider = microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source = " & App.Path & "\database1.mdb; persist security info = false"

Try checking your ADO connection.

ok i will try that one..do i have to make datalink?and place it on the property of the data grid or not anymore?

You need to do this via code -

Set Datagrid1.Datasource = Rs 'where Rs is your recordsource holder
Set Datagrid1.Datasource = Rs 'where Rs is your recordsource holdee

what im trying to do is i declare my rec_rs on the top. dim rec_rs as new adodb.recordset i just want to get all the records in that table by using datagrid instead of flexgrid.. i dont know if im handling the code correctly cause still i didnt get any records at all when i run it.

Edited by pyTony: fixed format

Using adodc conncetion..

adodc1.conncetionstring = "Provider = Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source = "databasename.mdb;persist security info = false"

adodc1.recordsource = "Select * from table1"
adodc1.refresh

set datagrid1.datasource = adodc1

thats all..

As far as my knowledge goes, I am sure that when using the datacontrol (Adodc1), you have to do it this way -:)

Set Datagrid1.RecordSource = Adodc1.Recordsource

@AndroidZ, post the cirrent code you have to connect to your database AND the grid. In clude the table field names, lets see where your problem lies.:)

Dim sql As String
Dim con As ADODB.Connection
dim rec_rs as ADODB.recordset

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set con = New ADODB.Connection
    set rec_rs = new ADODb.recordset

con.CursorLocation = adUseClient

Set dbgrid.DataSource = Nothing

sql = "select * from table1"

rec_rs.Open sql, con, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText

Set dbgrid.DataSource = rec_rs  'as you can see i extract the if clause

rec_rs.Close

End Sub

is there any i have to set on the property of the data grid?cause i dont know what to set in the property of the data grid

table1 = 'this is where i want to get all the records

field1 as double this are all the fields that in my table
field2 as double
field3 as double

all i want is to get all the records in the table1..i am only using form_load
hope i give you it clearly tnx..^_^

Comments
:)

dont close the connection. and use

rec_rs.requery

omit this

'rec_rs.close

thanks dspnhn it works..how can i add some rows in the datagrid?after the last record if ever i want to let the user input new record on it?

thanks again everyone

please mark this thread as solved and start another one with your query

Comments
Although my original, thanks fro seeing it through with the OP.:)
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.