hi i am using windows 7 in laptop. i download java thro net. i dont know, how to run in windows 7.also in cmd prompt, java have r not.
pls tel me elaborately step by step pls
- Install Java
- Depending on installation you used Java location will be either C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-VERION_NUMBER for 64bit or C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk-VERSION_NUMBER you will need to copy somewhere this location (Ctrl+C will do it, then just Ctrl+V to insert while need it)
- Right click “My Computer”
- From pop-up select “Properties”
- From newly open click “Advanced” tab or “Advanced system settings” (not sure here as I'm on Ubuntu at the moment)
- In System variables look for PATH. Press EDIT on the end of the string add if missing ";" and then type paste/insert (Ctrl+V) path to Java installation directory followed by slash bin so it does look something like this
To test that PATH just open Command Prompt and type
echo %PATH% PS: For the future, it is not good idea to reopen old thread. You better create new thread.
If you want to be more precious about path you can first create new variable "JAVA_HOME" with value of Java directory "C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jdk-VERSION_NUMBER" and then edit and add to PATH only