Good day..

i was stuck a moment realizing what went wrong to my project. I'm currently developing a enrollment system. I have 3 tables in my DB namely course_code,curriculum and pre_requisite tables. on the course_code table i have fields course_code(PK),course_desc. on the curriculum table i have but in this table i dont have a PK subj_code,course_code,subj_desc,lect_unit,lab_unit,tot_unit,prerequisite,cur_year,sem in and on the last table which is prerequisite i have subj_code,subj_desc,prerequisite,sem and major field, my course_code on the course_code(PK) table is related to the course_code of the curriculum table, the relation is 1-many, on the other hand subj_code which is from the curriculum table is related to subj_code(PK) of of the prerequisite table, they are related to each other 1-many relation. i have 2 forms which is course_info form and curriculum form. on the course_info i have only 2 textbox which is txtccode and txtcourse_description while on the curriculum form i have many controls a combination of combo box and textbox

okey here's my problem....

everytime i input a record on the course_info form the course_code record is already added to my course_code table and added to the curriculum table, while if i add record to my curriculum table i added a record both from the curriculum and prerequisite table but when i view my curriculum table has 2 record. (i mean the course_code, and the subj_code has place in different rows) how would i insert a record that place in the same rows..

here's my table record
curriculum table

subj_code course_code subj_desc
1000 C++

what i want to expect to see is that
subj_code course_code subj_desc
1000 1 C++

can u help me guys.?

here my code..

Dim cmd2 As New OleDb.OleDbCommand
        Try
            con.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\jesspr\Desktop\spist_dbase\Database1.accdb"
            con.Open()

cmd.Connection = con
            cmd2.Connection = con

'select a record from the course table
            'cmd.CommandText = "select course_code from tbl_course_code where course_code =" & txtCode.Text

cmd.CommandText = "Insert into tbl_curriculum (course_code,subj_code,subj_desc,lect_unit,lab_unit,tot_unit,cur_year,sem) values(" & txtCode.Text & "," & txtScode.Text & ",'" & txtSdesc.Text & "'," & cmblecUnits.SelectedItem & "," & cmbLabUnits.SelectedItem & ", " & txtTotUnits.Text & ",'" & txtcurYear.Text & "'," & cmbSem.SelectedItem & ")"
            cmd2.CommandText = "insert into tbl_prerequisite (subj_code,subj_desc,Semester) values (" & txtScode.Text & ",'" & txtSdesc.Text & "'," & cmbSem.SelectedItem & ")"

cmd.ExecuteNonQuery()
            cmd2.ExecuteNonQuery()

'Dim nr As DataRow = tbl.NewRow
            'nr("subj_code") = txtScode.Text
            'nr("subj_desc") = txtSdesc.Text
            'nr("lect_unit") = cmblecUnits.SelectedItem
            'nr("lab_unit") = cmbLabUnits.SelectedItem
            'nr("sem") = cmbSem.SelectedItem
            'nr("cur_year") = txtcurYear.Text

'tbl.Rows.Add(nr)
            'adapter1.Update(tbl)
            'rpos = tbl.Rows.Count - 1

MessageBox.Show("One record has been added", "Add record")
            'adapter1.Update(tbl)
        Catch ex As Exception
            MessageBox.Show(ex.Message & "add record")
        Finally
            txtScode.Text = ""
            txtSdesc.Text = ""
            cmblecUnits.Text = ""
            cmbLabUnits.Text = ""
            cmbSem.Text = ""
            txtcurYear.Text = ""
            txtTotUnits.Text = ""

con.Dispose()
        End Try

End Sub

even though no one help me about this problem.. i already solve this a day after i post it here. by the way thanks to all..

lp me about

can you share the solution to this problem? Im encountering it also.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.