Hello,

I'm doing my final project and I'm thinking about creating an application that is user based..

A user can login (See their score etc) and also register if they haven't got an account yet.. I'm thinking about doing this using SQL and I haven't really done it before, other than in web sites.. I'm just wondering whether a project like this would be hard to do, considering I don't have much time to complete it in?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

>I'm doing my final project and I'm thinking about creating an application that is user based..

Well! you need to be more precise and informative. Is this a web or win application?

Depending on your experience, it shouldn't take more than a week for a beginning program (based on the little that you have given).

What do you means with using SQL? Sql has nothing do to with programming. Its only meant for saving some data, which can be retreived and processed by the program. But not with sql.
Sql is so called dataBase to which you can approach with many kind of quieries (select, insert, update, delete).
So please (as written above), please provide us some more useful inforamtion about what are you really trying to do.

Mitja

What do you means with using SQL? Sql has nothing do to with programming. Its only meant for saving some data, which can be retreived and processed by the program. But not with sql.
Sql is so called dataBase to which you can approach with many kind of quieries (select, insert, update, delete).
So please (as written above), please provide us some more useful inforamtion about what are you really trying to do.

Mitja

SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is not a database, it's a programming language used to query databases. You can program in it.

SQL Server is a database, as is Oracle, Informix, MySql, etc.

well....
if you meant you want to use sql server and c#
It's easy......
Please be specific as to what exactly you want.....

SQL stands for Structured Query Language. It is not a database, it's a programming language used to query databases. You can program in it.

SQL Server is a database, as is Oracle, Informix, MySql, etc.

I know that Momerath. I was just trying to explain to Phil a bit in more general way, so he could understand it. I did a mistake, when I said SQL is a dataBase, I didnt actually meant that, and I`m sorry for that. As said, I was just trying to be more picturesque.

So, Phil, what are your intentions? Tell us more precise, and we`ll help you out.
Mitja

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.