Hi everyone

Im trying to take my SQl and "SCRIPT" it to a .sql file(accomplished) and add it to my Delphi(accomplished) and then connect them and show the data in a TDBGrid but seem to be battling. The .sql file adds and creates the Database in delphi but I don't know how to use it!? Screen-shot attached to demonstrate the problem.

Kind regards & many thanks

7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pritaeas

Ive also tried adding a database as an attached file using the string builder of a CDSADOQuery by it throws an Error an says the OS failed System ERROR 5 (Access denied)??

I'm using "SQL Server Management Studio" that's were i design the database, the goal is to make it work on another computer most likely with the same database.

Hi all - highjacking this thread a little here, but seems the original poster has had his issue sorted.
Im New to Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 - I have a sql Db running on my account at my ISP.
I Want to write a programme that will interface with that SQL database, performing all the usual actions, add, alter, delete etc.
What object/s should I be looking at or How do I make that connection.

If you could point me to the object or information resource that would be very helpful.

thank you

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.