Hello,
I am currently trying to improve my programming skills and I just can’t get my simple program to work correctly.
Here’s the problem:
I have managed to allow a user to input 10 numbers then when they insert these 10 numbers, the sum and average is displayed, simple!
Then when I try to find a way to display a list of any numbers inputted less than the value of 20, I am just stumped. Think I need an ‘if’ in there somewhere but I have thought of everything I could. Heres what I have so far:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
using namespace System;
using namespace std;

int number;
int sum = 0;

int main(array<System::String ^> ^args)
{
for( int i = 1; i < 11; ++i )
	{   
		cout <<"("<< i <<"/10) Enter A Positive Number = ";       
		cin >> number;         
		sum += number;  
	}  
float mean = 1. * sum/10.;
cout << "The Sum Is = " << sum << endl ;  
cout << "The Average Is = " << mean << endl ;     
system("pause");
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thankyou

If you are doing plain C++, you should select a project of type Win32 Console application, rather than a CLR/console. Otherwise it's going to be more of a hodgepodge than necessary (unless you are really looking for that functionality).

Check the "number" to see if it's less than 20 (using the if statement like you said) and increment a counter (an integer variable that you initialize to 0 before using it).

Start looking into vector ok?
its more flexible and a template. This mean you can extend your code to other data types.

understand that 21.43 is a positive number. Well the compiler will save you from that but the user will not be happy with the result as there will be data truncation.

Comments
Students are not allowed to "look int vectors" until the instructor teaches them.

There's no need to store any of the values here, the OP just needs to keep track of a count.

its more flexible and a template. This mean you can extend your code to other data types.

You're kidding, right? What is the Total, Average, and Mean of a list of names? :icon_rolleyes:

Comments
Student are can read and try other stuffs before they are thought. This is called education.

You're kidding, right? What is the Total, Average, and Mean of a list of names? :icon_rolleyes:

mmm WaltP are you following the show??

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.