notinasia 0 Newbie Poster

I'm using windows xp with a 32 bit processor. I would like to write a program which at the least:

1. observes data addresses of data on a FAT32 SDHC 4GB flash drive
2. makes an index of data location addresses and stores the index at a specified data address

By data addresses I mean the physical address of where a file is located between (0-2^32-1) on the peripheral 4GB flash drive. For example I found out that an mp3 on my SDHC card is at address 0x0084dbb7 by reading the card with an 8-bit microcontroller. I did that by reading data from the SDHC card until the mp3's header file was detected. I have no idea how to find this same information using my PC however.

The application is that I would like a playlist management program on PC to be used for an 8051-based (8-bit) mp3 player I am developing.

My first impression was that I would have to make such a program in 32-bit assembly. I haven't come across information that is helpful for what I am doing yet though. How would it be possible for me to locate hardware data addresses and store data at specific hardware data addresses via PC?