Right I have this so far. I'm trying to implement a search function for example so when you enter information into txtprename.text and press button 4 it will search for that name and return the values of its location etc.

So far for this funciton I have:

Private Sub PrescriberSearch()

pre.SelectCommand = New MySqlCommand("SELECT * FROM Prescriber WHERE Name = ?Name")

pre.SelectCommand.Connection = conn

pre.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("?Name", MySqlDbType.VarChar, 50, "Name")

pre.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("?Location", MySqlDbType.VarChar, 70, "Location")

pre.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("?Telephone", MySqlDbType.VarChar, 70, "Telephone")

pre.SelectCommand.Parameters.Add("?Prescriber_ID", MySqlDbType.Int16, 5, "Prescriber_ID")

pre.Fill(pr)

End Sub

Private Sub Button4_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button4.Click
PrescriberFieldS
        PrescriberSearch

End Sub

Private Sub PrescriberFieldS()

txtprename.Text = pr.Tables(0).Rows(intCurrentIndex).Item("Name").ToString()

txtLocation.Text = pr.Tables(0).Rows(intCurrentIndex).Item("Location").ToString()

txtPhone.Text = pr.Tables(0).Rows(intCurrentIndex).Item("Telephone").ToString()

txtpreid.Text = pr.Tables(0).Rows(intCurrentIndex).Item("Prescriber_ID").ToString()

End Sub

Thanks for your help!

MySqlCommand("SELECT * FROM Prescriber WHERE Name = '?Name'") 'Added the " ' " apostrophized character...
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.