Hi, I've been researching these past few days on SendMessage and FindWindow and I've been looking at example source codes but I just can't seem to understand the process between it.

At first I just wanted to send a simple message from a textbox to the open chat of another process which is some game. I'm running this game / my server with a cmd console and now I just want to send userinput from a textbox to the cmd since the server uses simple command lines for moderation. Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

I've tested a lot of things out and managed to get some macros working but that's about it:

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
        private static extern IntPtr FindWindow(string IpClassName, string IpWindowName);

[DllImport("user32.dll", CharSet = CharSet.Auto)]
        private static extern int SendMessage(IntPtr hwnd, int wMsg, int wParam, int lParam);

[DllImport("user32.dll", EntryPoint = "SendMessage")]
        public static extern int SendMessage(int hWnd, int Msg, int wParam, int lParam);

protected override bool  ProcessCmdKey(ref Message msg, Keys keyData)
        {
            const int WM_KeyDown = 0x100;
            const int WM_SYSKeyDown = 0x104;

if ((msg.Msg == WM_KeyDown || (msg.Msg == WM_SYSKeyDown)))
            {
                switch(keyData)
                {
                    case Keys.Down:
                        MessageBox.Show("Down Arrow Captured");
                        break;
                    case Keys.Up:
                        MessageBox.Show("Up Arrow Captured");
                        break;
                    case Keys.Tab:
                        MessageBox.Show("Tab Key Captured");
                        break;
                    case Keys.Control | Keys.M:
                        MessageBox.Show("<CTRL> + M Captured");
                        break;
                    case Keys.Alt | Keys.Z:
                        MessageBox.Show("<ALT> + Z Captured");
                        break;
                    case Keys.R:
                        IntPtr handle = FindWindow(null, @"C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe");

break;
                }
            }
            return base.ProcessCmdKey(ref msg, keyData);
        }

Can anybody help me please. I essentially wanted to send text input to the process of my game, but since the current server I'm running is run by the cmd console I supposed I I'll output the text to the console

sorry bump, I'm still reading articles on different websites but I'm still confused on how to get aroudn this

Any body? :[

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.