can anyone help me with my database?
i can't fix the errors it gives me.

i only need it(tblCitizens) to have a one-to-many relationship between all other tables EXEPT tblUsers.

like:
one citizen has two parents and 5 siblings UNDER him.

it has to have "enforce referential integrity" property as well as "cascade..." and the other one of the two txtboxes that become enabled as u clicked "enforce referential integrity".

to anyone who could help me... thanks in advance...

PS: if you guys dont mind(i would like to ask you guys a favor). i need it asap.

I'm still on it. The entire thing is a mess.:) Will post as soon as time allows.:)

I'm still on it. The entire thing is a mess.:) Will post as soon as time allows.:)

hehehe im sorry for the mess. ^_^

but please if it is possible, kindly correct it and not overhaul it.

thanks again! ^_^

hi! how is it going? ^_^ thanks for your help again ^_^

With all due respect, Andre has said it's complicated, he has said he is very busy and he has said he is working on it. By keep bumping the thread and posting 'reminders' like this you are likely to achieve the exact opposite of your intentions. Patience is, my friend, a virtue. :)

Thanks Davey, my point as well.:)

With all due respect, Andre has said it's complicated, he has said he is very busy and he has said he is working on it. By keep bumping the thread and posting 'reminders' like this you are likely to achieve the exact opposite of your intentions. Patience is, my friend, a virtue. :)

ok sir..^_^

sorry X'(

Thanks Davey, my point as well.:)

excuse me sir, im sorry if i may have been rushing you to help me with my program. well, the thing is, our defense will take place in march 24,2011 and i still need to do some documentation. im sorry again for the troubles i've caused you. :(

No problem cryzone. I'm busy with it now as we type.

Some questions, is this a school project that you have to use all the controls? I am rewriting it, but I obviously need you to learn as well.

I'm wondering why you bother using the with clause here and then repeat your variable?

With Adodc5.Recordset
    Adodc5.Recordset.AddNew
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Name") = txtsibling1.Text
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Age") = txtage1.Text
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Birthdate") = Format(txtbirth1.Text, "mm/dd/yyyy")
    Adodc5.Recordset.Update
    Adodc5.Refresh
End With

It defeats the entire point of the with statement

With Adodc5.Recordset
    .AddNew
    .Fields("Name") = txtsibling1.Text
    .Fields("Age") = txtage1.Text
    .Fields("Birthdate") = Format(txtbirth1.Text, "mm/dd/yyyy")
    .Update
    .Refresh
End With

I'm wondering why you bother using the with clause here and then repeat your variable?

With Adodc5.Recordset
    Adodc5.Recordset.AddNew
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Name") = txtsibling1.Text
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Age") = txtage1.Text
    Adodc5.Recordset.Fields("Birthdate") = Format(txtbirth1.Text, "mm/dd/yyyy")
    Adodc5.Recordset.Update
    Adodc5.Refresh
End With

It defeats the entire point of the with statement

With Adodc5.Recordset
    .AddNew
    .Fields("Name") = txtsibling1.Text
    .Fields("Age") = txtage1.Text
    .Fields("Birthdate") = Format(txtbirth1.Text, "mm/dd/yyyy")
    .Update
    .Refresh
End With

hey! thank you for that. ^_^

No problem cryzone. I'm busy with it now as we type.

Some questions, is this a school project that you have to use all the controls? I am rewriting it, but I obviously need you to learn as well.

actually it's a thesis. and uhmm.. yes i need all the controls in it. and thanks for helping. ^_^

You will fall on your back if you see how small the problem was.:)

You have set the properties for adodc7 - 9 incorrect. In the right hand property window, change these three controls "EOFAction" from its current setting of (adDoAddNew) to "adDoMoveLast"

This solved the problem, I could add data etc successfully.:)

Sorry you had to wait this long, I was really tied up. All solved now I believe.

You will fall on your back if you see how small the problem was.:)

You have set the properties for adodc7 - 9 incorrect. In the right hand property window, change these three controls "EOFAction" from its current setting of (adDoAddNew) to "adDoMoveLast"

This solved the problem, I could add data etc successfully.:)

Sorry you had to wait this long, I was really tied up. All solved now I believe.

can i fall on my back now? haha! just kidding. ^_^

thank you! ^_^

whoops... XD

it says "index or primary key cannot contain a null value" even though i have entered all the required data.

here's another error.

it says runtime error:
runtime error '3265' item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal

This occures when i enter all the data needed and then clicking "Save"

The error refers to a field you are using that is not in the databases table. Check that all your typing and spelling is 100% correct to that of your fieldnames. If you have for instant "name" in your database table, but your code says "names", the error above will be raised.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.