Hi, can anyone tell me how the below three logic gates work:
AND Gate
NOT Gate
OR Gate

Basically all I need to know is, if the logic gates is an AND gate: when provided with inputs A and B, the user must calculate the output C.

I am trying to look online for help and tutorials on logic gates etc.. but if anyone has any information to help me with, it will be much appreciated

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Think this should be in the Computer Science section....

Logic gates are used inside a computer to give different outputs when certain states are met. This is a pretty good tutorial a quick search on Google gave me...

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci213512,00.html

If you want to know more there is also a great book by Linda Null and Julia Lobur named, Computer organization and Architecture. You can pick up an older version on the cheap from Amazon which explains things very well

commented: Good info. +9

Perhaps by using some boolean and logic operators in C#, you could write a logical gate simulator in C#!

AND gate works just as && operator mean the access will be given if an only if both the statements are true in A, B, C for C will only be true when A and B both will be true.

OR gate works as || operator mean output C will be true when either of B or C will be true.

NOT gate will output true when the input will be false it works as != in programming environment e.g. if we give input A as false only then output C will be True

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.