Hi everybody. I have created an application using vb.net 2008 and for reports Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008 but the problem is, when I run the application in another machine away from developing box, I get the Load report failed notice. I don't have any idea on how I should approach this issue. I tried installing the CRRedist2008_x86 and CRRedist2005_x86 but still the problem won't go away.Any help will be highly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Everything always works in development system.

Ensure that you are passing the proper file name.

Lets know first how you have connected / calling CR from your apps.

You can check your references. In the toolbar, click Project -> [projectname] Properties -> References Tab. In here, check the boxes in the bottom window to include any namespaces that you need to be included in the final project. I had this same problem, and just checked every box that used Crystal Reports (there are probably some that do not matter) and that seemed to work.

Hopefully this helps.

@bklynman01. I restored the System to a previous date and did what you said it has worked for sometime.. I will give it a day or two and see how it reacts then i will let you know.. Thanks a million..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.