System.out.print("Please Enter 1 for First Class or Enter 2 for Economy:");

value = input.nextInt();

if( value == (1))
				{
					EconArray[i] = true;
					System.out.println("Your Economy ticket has been booked\n");
				}
				else

System.out.println("Economy is full would you like to upgrade to first class?");

if(value == (2))
				{
					FirstArray[i] = true;
					System.out.println("Your First class ticket has been booked\n");
					break;
				}

}

}
}

Please dont go shredding my code to nothing. I understand there is a lot of work to be done. Right now i wish to understand why if i hit either 1 or 2 5 times i get an error. I should be able to hit 1 4 times filling the first class array leaving one empty seat and then hit 2 a couple times to fill some of those seats. As it stands after the 5 entry no matter a 1 or a 2 it calls a error. Please dont throw indepth code at me cause i wont know what it means. just why after i enter a 6th selection does it throw an error message.
Thanks in advance alonewolf23.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You have 2 arrays to fill up, but you only have one variable i to keep track of both - so if you have 4x econ they go into EconArray[0-3] then if there's a 1st it goes into FirstArray[4] not FirstArray[0]. You need two variables corresponding to the 2 arrays to keep track of how many places you have filled in each.

Thank you, that helped alot as for the future suggestions I will have to get with my prof. for a more interactive learning session.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.