I am building a dll file. when i try to compile the dll file i get the following errors...
help me am new to vc++... tool used is visual studio 6.0

GPPSCOM.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "double __cdecl RoundDown(double,int)" (?RoundDown@@YANNH@Z)
GPPSCOM.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "double __cdecl ADue(double,double,int)" (?ADue@@YANNNH@Z)
GPPOC.OBJ : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Ctl3dSubclassDlg@8
Debug/GPPSCOMDLL.dll : fatal error LNK1120:

am new to this... help me

Fbody commented: Nice job providing appropriate details. :) +5

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Have you written the implementations for the functions? Simply declaring, but forgetting to write, the functions is the most common cause for that type of Linker error.

Also, if you have, make sure the *.cpp file that you implemented them in is included in your project.

The error basically says "I know this function should exist, and you've tried to use it, but I can't find it so I don't know how it works."

the above error was solved by adding the library files.

now got a new set of linker 2001 errors. i tried to build a exe file. I placed the required lib files and linked those lib files in my project. When i tried to compile still getting the linker error. Is ther some changes to be madt to the dll file used as linker.

Since i use a mfc extension dll it creates the lib files to be added at the compilation time. Still i get the linking errors. I am usind vc++ 6.0.

could you guide me how to take up this linking errors.

Just copying the lib files into your project directory doesn't solve a thing. You have to add the lib names to the project settings. Its been a long time since I used that version of the compiler and don't recall how to do that.

ya i did add the names to the libraries to be used, still having some problems in linking... i dont know what went wrong

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.