hi
i need a dot net application that would run in active directory. application copies the new exe file from server, rename existing file & paste the copied file in client pc.
how can it be done?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Add a project to your solution. You are familiar with the page where you choose your project type e.g "Windows Application", "Console Application" etc??
On the left of that page- there is Setup and Deployment Projects (sometimes it lies under the category of other project types)- then choose Setup Project, it will make an installer or cab file for you which will enable your project to install anywhere.

Add a project to your solution. You are familiar with the page where you choose your project type e.g "Windows Application", "Console Application" etc??
On the left of that page- there is Setup and Deployment Projects (sometimes it lies under the category of other project types)- then choose Setup Project, it will make an installer or cab file for you which will enable your project to install anywhere.

i can make a setup project.. but what i need is to install the application in remote PC .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.