Hello,

Could someone please help me with this problem?
I have developed a small application that calls up several powerpoint slideshows that are saved as .pps. The user interface screen has a textbox, when the user enters the file name of the powerpoint it is called up, but it opens as ppt, meaning the user can edit the powerpoints stored as .pps. Help me with the code or the missing part for my application where when the user enters the powerpoint slideshow name, it will automatically be shown as powerpoint viewshow and not as editable powerpoint. The part of my code is as shown below. NB - If you are saying something on Referencing the Pointpoint please remember to provide any necessary codes that I will need.:confused:

Thanking you in advance,

Public Class Test
        Public Sub SelectCase()
        Select Case txtNumberEntery.Text
            Case 1
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\Powerpshows\1.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Text = ""
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
            Case 2
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\Powerpshows\2.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
            Case 3
                System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("Powerpnt.exe", "C:\Test\Powerpshows\3.pps")
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
           Case Else
                MessageBox.Show("Number entered is invalid. Please Enter again", "Invalid Option!")
                txtNumberEntery.Clear()
                txtNumberEntery.Focus()
        End Select
    End Sub

Private Sub btnOK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnOK.Click
        'Calling the select method to do the case check
        SelectCase()
    End Sub

Private Sub txtNumberEntery_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles txtNumberEntery.KeyDown
        'To suppress other keys and accept only the Enter key as the even behind the OK button
        'which calls the SelectCase method.
        If e.KeyCode = Keys.Enter Then
            e.SuppressKeyPress = True
            SelectCase()
        End If
    End Sub

End Class

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

I think you should use a powerpointviewer for that instead of the powerpoint.exe .
That means that you can use an ActiveX control like the activex control from windows media player.

To download the powerpointviewer look, here.

After you downloaded and installed the viewer you can find the AciveX control in the Com components.

Just a thought.

Luc001,

Thanks for the reply. I actually downloaded the ActiveX Control already and have installed that in my PC. It is working but showing within the form. I just want the application to be a avenue where the user enters the ppt number and then the Powerpoint should be start showing. Not on the form, but just as a normal Slide view show. In other words, I just don't want the Powerpoint to be called into the form and start a slideshow view, it looks just that small. What I want is, the slideshow are to be like normal Powerpoint Viewshows. Not on the form. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.