I'm REALLY angry! I've been trying to get this stupid code to compile for way too long now. I've spent 30 bucks on this book and the first code it tells you compile doesn't work! Here's a link to the code...

http://d3dcoder.net/d3d10.htm

I'm sorry that you have to download that but PLEASE download it and compile the COMMONS folder as a new project. I think there's a PDF of the page that shows how to comile and set it up. I can't return the book because i bought it through amazon and i've heard its a really good book but for some reason the code doesn't work. If you would please help me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I promise it's not a virus but, if you don't believe me that's okay i understand.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well you will probably have to download the DirectX 10 SDK before you can compile much DirectX code. You also may have to set some compiler/project options. If you are patient, I'm quite sure you can discover the source of your problems.

What compiler/IDE are you using?

Well you will probably have to download the DirectX 10 SDK before you can compile much DirectX code. You also may have to set some compiler/project options. If you are patient, I'm quite sure you can discover the source of your problems.

What compiler/IDE are you using?

Sorry for my impatience in my previous post, but yes I have installed the directX10 sdk and changed the include and library directory to the correct ones. I've also changed the unicode setting to multi-byte, or something along those lines. I'm sure it's a win32 project and that's about all i know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.