hi..im doing a C# windows form application in visual studio 2008 and for the database im using SQL EXPRESS 2005..i need to create a crystal report. my question is when i start creating a new crystal report, using wizard, i get 1 window where i have to choose Data: i have the following options: Project data, current connections, favorites, history and create new connection. when 1 click on create new connection i get: Access/Excel, ADO.NET, Database Files, ODBC, OLE DB(ADO) and more data sources. when i select OLE DB i get 1 list. which one should i choose for SQL Express?

OLEDB is fine to be used in this context but wasn't there any datasource named Microsoft Sql Server?

yes there was Sql server, but when i choose it, its asking for the server name..what should i input there? i created the database from visual studio itself

your database server name.... don't you have that? The connection string is supposed to be like "Data Source=DataBase_server_name;Initial Catalog=DataBase_Name;Integrated Security=true" check you connection string

when you query your database to which server you connect to ? SQLEXPRESS is the sql server edition not the sql server name ....

Edited 5 Years Ago by abelLazm: n/a

Are you getting data from your database anywhere else too?? if yes then check the connection string there and copy the server name

mycon.ConnectionString = "Data Source=.\\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=C:\\Effort Tracker System\\Effort Tracker System\\ETS.mdf;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True";

thats my connection string

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.