I have installed visual studio 2010 on dc7700 machine when i am trying to open my project made in visual studio 2008 it convets it and didn't work converted file also when i am trying to create new project i did't find languages option like vb.net c# etc please help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is there any error, when trying to run the 2008 project in VS 2010, or the file simply doesnt start?
Usually, an older version, should start in the newer software, so I dont know the cause of the issue.
We can check and do one thing. Run the project`s sln file (the one with VS`s icon) with Notepad. Yoou will notice on the top this text:

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 10.00
# Visual Studio 2008

Change it so, it will suit to the VS 2010:

Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 11.00
# Visual Studio 2010 //or Expess (if you are not sure, open some other already created project to see for the correct name!

Hi,

You can find New Languages via New Project -> Open Other Languages.

Maybe you forgot to select to install other languages, when you were installing VS 2010? In this case, you can run the VS 2010 Installer ones again, and Repir it (to include VB as well).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.