I am having a bit of a problem building my app.
This is what I'm doing. Perhaps someone may be able to point out where I'm going wrong.

When ready to build I click on solution explorer, properties and open, build tag. Output path is bin\release\. Yet when I do a debug, build solution, and then using explorer look at the exe file that has been produced it may be several days old.

My problem appears to me, that I am unable to build the latest version with any reliability.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Your question is very confusing better explain it.... And where you look for the .exe???? It resides in \\bin\debug folder of the project and every time you debug a projects its .exe updates.... you can use F5 or the play button on the menu bar to debug your project

I didnt get your question either. Would you please explain your issue a bit n details?
thx in advance.

I didnt get your question either. Would you please explain your issue a bit n details?
thx in advance.

Your question is very confusing better explain it.... And where you look for the .exe???? It resides in \\bin\debug folder of the project and every time you debug a projects its .exe updates.... you can use F5 or the play button on the menu bar to debug your project

valter says that

The output path in Project properties is \\bin\release, But when he builds the project, he couldn't find the .exe in Release folder.[He Could only find the old(Few days back) .exe in release folder]

Samueal has expressed it better than I could. Sorry about the question it doesn't make sense to me either, but it is happening.

Samueal has expressed it better than I could. Sorry about the question it doesn't make sense to me either, but it is happening.

Goto
Buid->Configuration Manager
and select Release in Active Solution Configuration drop down list.
And now come to project properties ->Buid Tab and change Configuration to active(Release) and build it now.. Now you will get it..

UpVote if it Helps you!!

I can only see Build solution, ie there is no config manager.
I am using the express version of vs 2010

Thanks to Samueal I soved the problem.
For those interested.
Go to tools/options and choose expert settings, config manager will then be available.

Upvote, If it solves your question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.