I've been teaching myself programming in c#, until such time that I actually save up the money to do some courses. Inbetween learning, I do some fun stuff. Now I decided to do a 'Word Mole' type game in WinForms. The biggest problem I have is where to store the words, and how long will it take to create such a list??? Wondering now if it won't be easier trying to figure out the AI for tic tac toe that I've been busy with??? Any ideas???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Answer 1: use text file (you dont need any dataBase). Do some logical hierarchal sequence of values in this file, so you can easy retrieve them back out (just something simple)
Answer 2: I dont actually know the game, so hard to tell. If you know it, you can have some clue how much time can it take.
Answer 3: Depends how much you want to complicate. But in basic, there is not much to complicate really, not as Tic Tac Toe. Simple have to use a Random class, and look which places are free, and you have to look for the "3 in the row" to win the game.
I would say you can write AI in a simple method (few minutes work).

thanks, was thinking down the lines of xml for the wordlist, but basically the list needs to contain a full dictionary. gonna see if I can findone to download from somewhere. As for the AI, I had in mind the kind where you would almost never be able to beat it. Still working on that when I'm not trying to get to grips with enums etc.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.