I want to make a project on Audio Fingerprinting.
There will be recorded file preferably .wav, that will be matched with all the audio files present in a song database and will return the best match.
First I wish to try this on my own computer, then I will try to connect to the song database that is on another computer.
I do not know how begin ???
Please help !
:)

Do you know how to program in C#?
Do you know how to use a database?
Do you know how to create an audio 'fingerprint'?

What to say ????? First you have to make the database then make a c# application and take the new file from user and match it with the one in database ..... But are aware you of the difficulties in matching 2 audio files in c#????
I will not prefer c# for such a work it will be a collaborative work of MATLAB and C#.... Can you program in MATLAB and C#?

Edited 5 Years Ago by abelLazm: n/a

Comments
Continuous help :)

What to say ????? First you have to make the database then make a c# application and take the new file from user and match it with the one in database ..... But are aware you of the difficulties in matching 2 audio files in c#????
I will not prefer c# for such a work it will be a collaborative work of MATLAB and C#.... Can you program in MATLAB and C#?

Thank you for your suggestion .....
I will now definitely use Matlab-C# interface.
'cause I think finding the fourier transform of the .wav file will be tedious job through C#.

yes you are right and it is much more easier in MATLAB i have recently made a voice recognition system in matlab and it was much easier than that of in C#....

Please Mark this thread as solved

hey. i was reading through your post. Could some explain how matlab works. I am trying to do a similar project, but it does not involve matching songs, but matching the sounds that are already recorded and stored in the database. Please help. Urgent!

Thank you!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.