I started learning python3 some 3-4 days ago.My ultimate aim to learn this language is to design web apps(eg apps to automate account creations for seo etc.)
For this i guess i will have to use django or turbogears for this, but now i came to know that django or turbogears does not support python3.
So now i am left with no other option but to learn python 2.7.
the problem i am facing is that i am not getting any resources to learn it.I have tons of ebooks for python.But they all support either python 3 or python2.6.
Are there any other ways to learn python 2.7 other than official python 2.7 website.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Python27 is simply a more advanced Python26 with a fair number of Python3 features thrown in to help the user in the transition to Python3.

I would not be concerned about the differences between 2.6 and 2.7. Using 2.7 is only slightly different than 2.6. There are some third party packages that are not yet available for 2.7 though.

I would not be concerned about the differences between 2.6 and 2.7. Using 2.7 is only slightly different than 2.6. There are some third party packages that are not yet available for 2.7 though.

So should i learn python2.6 now?And even 2.5.6 version is not that old

I would recommend Python 2.7 for you to learn. It does have elements of Python 3 in it as options.

Maybe most of activist have 2.6 (for psyco etc) and 2.7, maybe 3.2 installed. Also you could use portable version of some of them. Notice that 2.7 is quite much faster than 2.6 without psyco (often both faster than Python3). Also PyPy JIT compiler (written with subset of Python) is now upgraded to version 2.7. It has with some programs of mine weaknesses, but I think PyPy is much faster in disc operations in Linux than in Windows. Performance is often fast enough for every version, even some program go really fast with psyco and 2.6.

Execution speed is probably of limited interest for a beginner. Concentrate on learning the basics of Python rather thoroughly. Any program that has display updates and disk access in it, is limited a lot by those operations anyway! Either Python 2.6 or Python 2.7 will do fine for you. Why not use Python 2.7, the most advanced of the Python2 versions.

Execution speed is probably of limited interest for a beginner. Concentrate on learning the basics of Python rather thoroughly. Any program that has display updates and disk access in it, is limited a lot by those operations anyway! Either Python 2.6 or Python 2.7 will do fine for you. Why not use Python 2.7, the most advanced of the Python2 versions.

Ok so now i know that i have to learn 2.7 version but where are the tutorials to learn it?I could not find any except that of the official document.As said earlier i have ebooks on python2.6 and python3.
I guess i will have to learn 2.6 and then simply learn the changes or the new features that were added in 2.7.

OK thanks, the moderators can mark this thread as solved.

Why not mark it solved yourself? Click the link at the bottom of the thread that says "Mark This Thread As Solved".

Why not mark it solved yourself? Click the link at the bottom of the thread that says "Mark This Thread As Solved".

done, i didn't knew that, i thought it has to be done by moderators.
Anyways thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.