What is the easy way to learn GUI Python, i mean where to choose pyGTK, pyQT , TkInter or what? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

What is the easy way to learn GUI Python, i mean where to choose pyGTK, pyQT , TkInter or what? Thanks

The easyest is easygui and the full one is pythoncard, the helloworld book is what you need to learn

If I remember correctly, easygui is just a bunch of tkinter based dialog boxes. As a GUI toolkit it is BS to say it politely. Spend some time learning tkinter, it is a pretty powerful GUI toolkit, and you get used to GUI design and thinking.

More advanced is PyQT or PySide, but it will bring along quite a steep learning curve. PyGTK is rather difficult to install in the Windows OS world, and it is, along with wxPython, not yet available for the Python3 (could change soon).

But easygui is very easy to learn

import easygui
easygui.msgbox("Hello, World!")

and easy to install

If you think a GUI program should only consist of a number of disjointed message-boxes, than you are limiting yourself very much.

wx.Python is fairly easy to learn and there are a ton of tutorials and examples. There are actually alot of them in this python forum.

Its also fairly powerful to be fair and is by far my favourite.

though pythoncard is very easy to use and learn as well

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.