please i am new to this vb programming but i have a challenge before me.. I need to make a program that will compare the date in the database with the system date and if they are equal, it pops up a notification on the icon tray. Your help will be appreciated

1. store all the dates and other details (suppose birth day of all friend with there name , ph and email) in a database.
2. on start of your application it should connect to database and check if todays date matches with any of the dates in the database.
3. If it matches display a pop up in the system tray.

You need to run you application on a scheduled time once a day.

IF u new in VB than do all things and u need a instructer must so follow ur senior , and i also good in VB6 so i also help u dear.

1. store all the dates and other details (suppose birth day of all friend with there name , ph and email) in a database.
2. on start of your application it should connect to database and check if todays date matches with any of the dates in the database.
3. If it matches display a pop up in the system tray.

You need to run you application on a scheduled time once a day.

Comments
no need to copy and paste from other posts that to with your mindless advice.

I already have all the dates stored in the database and i have the code that will run and check in the database if the system date is equivalent to the dates in the database... the challenge now is that i need a balloon to pop up in the icon tray notifying me that there are birthdays.. Thats the code i need.. I know how to minimize to icon tray but for the balloon to pop up is the challenge

Thanks.. This helps a little.. Do you know the pop up balloon that shows when you have new updates to perform on your computer? That is what i mean.. The code in this article, only helps to show the icon on the tray which i already know and then also when you click it shows the events to be performed, what i need is for the balloon to show automatically.. just like the windows update pop up

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.