How to add flash objects in java without Java Flash Player Api? Any idea. Just hint required.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

www.google.com, not sure if without official API is there another way without performance leaks, anyway interesting question, could you post your result from that...

I already tried google. I only saw JFLASHPLAYER Api which is not free, so i thought to use Java Fx.... So still in trouble, need professionals help like NormR1

My main aim is to provide a startup animation , so application before start produce a good effect on the user, like word, excel etc...

My main aim is to provide a startup animation , so application before start produce a good effect on the user, like word, excel etc...

You should have said that earlier. It's easy. Java 6 has a "splash screen" capability that displays an image while your app is loading, and that image can be an animated gif.

http://download.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/uiswing/misc/splashscreen.html

Thanx Cherrill, its also a great solution but i want to make flash attach with java.... Animation made under flash are more realistic look then gif files. VB.NET provide support for this, so i m wondering for same in java.

Here is a list of Java Flash open source projects maybe you can find something suitable there.
From my point of view I was only interested in Project Capuchine, that was to get flash on JME platform, plus little of Java-Flex stuff

As I see it, the big advantage of the splash screen is that java.exe loads and displays it before loading and initialising your app. Any java language-based approach won't display until the application has loaded and main has been called anyway.

Thank you all, i will try flash later, because of my little knowledge how to use the flash api correctly..... until then gif is more appropriate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.