An application that I am making uses a web browser object to watch videos from YouTube (From an embedded link like this, not a regular link). The problem is that when the user clicks anywhere in the web browser object, it screws up some other aspects of the application. How would I disabled the ability for the user to click the web browser?

So far I've tried several things. I've tried using the legacy Microsoft Web Browser object in Com Components, I've tried placing a one-pixel wide ring of Panels around the web browser with MouseEnter events that changed cursor position back a pixel (No dice, didn't pick it up all the time), creating user control and using it's events, and more, each to no avail.

An acceptable solution would be to disallow clicking (preferably) or to disallow mouse overs, just something that doesn't disrupt the rest of the application. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

How is the web browser control messing up your application is what I'd like to know :)

Have you tried handling the Navigating event and setting the Cancel property to true?

How is the web browser control messing up your application is what I'd like to know :)

Have you tried handling the Navigating event and setting the Cancel property to true?

It's a syncing thing. The video has to play (Somewhat) in sync with a time.

And I have, it doesn't do anything since it's not actually navigating, flash just pauses the video.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.