Which one is update software for c++ and c language.
Some practice center such as Codechef,, Uva online judge , I submit a right code but they said the code has compiling error such as it does not familiar with conio.h,getch() etc.
I use Dev c++.
How can I solve this problem.
Please help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I use Dev c++.
How can I solve this problem.

Stop using Dev-C++.

conio.h is not standard C++ and there is no guarantee that other compilers come with it, and no guarantee that if they do, the functions work the same way.

Dev-C++ uses an old compiler with known problems. Use a more modern compiler that conforms to the C++ standard. For example, wxDev-C++ or the free express version of Microsoft Visual C++.

Your code may be right but it is only right in a certain compilers or a specific one. If u need a library perhaps for one compiler, it does not necessarily mean you will need it for another.

I recommend you to use Express Edition (Free) of Microsoft Visual Studio if you want to be really a programmer. You can find the VS from Microsoft site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.