Hey,

I've had this question for a while now and forgot to post a thread asking it. I'm really interested in databases and i've been wanting to create a program that recalls information from a database. I've done one that reads a text file but that just seemed...boring to me. If possible, i'd like to make the program, put it on a USB stick/memory drive/jump drive thingy and open the program on another computer and all my data is there from the last time i ran the program. Umm...almost like a phonebook program that i can edit the contacts anywhere and it saves it. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some information to get started?

Thanks in advance!

-Yohan

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Design it first, then code it to your design. There are a number of database type tools for java that will allow you to store and search the data on disc in a number of ways, but first you need to write out in detail how you want it to work, how it is to be presented to the user, what options the user will have with regard what columns are sorted or in what order, etc.

Design it first, then code it to your design. There are a number of database type tools for java that will allow you to store and search the data on disc in a number of ways, but first you need to write out in detail how you want it to work, how it is to be presented to the user, what options the user will have with regard what columns are sorted or in what order, etc.

I have it all planned out and such. Which database tools do you prefer or what is the easiest to get the hang of the fastest?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.