Private Sub CalendarDetail_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PayrollDataSet.Calendar' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        dp1.Value = Now
        EditRecord = False
        If Trim(txtRecNo.Text) <> "" Then
            Me.CalendarTableAdapter.FillByRecNo(Me.PayrollDataSet.Calendar, txtRecNo.Text)
        End If
    End Sub

an error keeps on appearing :

"Too many arguments overridable overloads function FillByRecNo(dataTable As PayrollDataSet.CalendardataTable) As Integer "

help please i dont know what to do about this .

Without more of your source code it's a little difficult to know precisely what the problem is, but here are some things to check.

Look at the error message. Count the number of parameters. Now look at your function call on line 6. Count the number of parameters. They are different. One of them needs to be fixed.

Look at the return type of the function in the error message (it says "As Integer"). Now look at your statement (that has nowhere to receive the return value). Does it need a place to receive a return value? Or can you remove the parentheses to make it a non-returning call?

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.